Tuesday, August 7, 2007

blocking

michelle advised me that more frequent blog entries are expected when one's blog has been made public.

Those of a psychodynamic persuasion may suggest that my sudden lack of ideas for content is a sign of blocking...perhaps repression of some dark id-like material that would like to spew forth but which is certainly too base for society at large. And even as my psyche is currently working hard to quash those unsavory tidbits from my public commentary I can't help but wonder what in the world is so awful about what I have to say that I can't even eek out a bit of it to chew on awhile. Just a tiny little speck that I could refine and remodel, that I could, through revision and censor, make suitable for a blog read the world over (see how my superego uses exaggeration to frighten my ego into action!) This darkness must be horrific, filled with lusts and drives, hedonic motives that if let free would surely burst forth like some grotesque plague of unbridled selfishness.

or maybe I just don't have anything to write about tonight.

4 comments:

Alana said...

I'm totally going to plagiarize you the next time I can't think of anything to blog about.

That is unless my superego won't let me.

Janelle said...

OK...let me be the first to tell you that I have no idea what you just said. I am just not that smart anymore. Maybe I never was that smart. Now that would be something to think about.

Anyway, keep up the good, smarter than me work.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, I see that you are a Freudian and not a Jungian. Hmmmmm…

Very interesting.

Tell me about your mother.

Rochelle said...

LOL!! Followed your link from Alana's blog. I'm a senior at UTD studying pysch and I SOOOO appreciate your blog!! LOL!! I'll be back!

 
C